The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wonderful world of Austin Sevens
I thought it was time to see if I could fit my 6ft 3 into a blown Austin Seven Special and what better place to do it but in Port Elizabeth.

With all the bad  things the Internet has brought our society, linking like minded enthusiasts from different parts of the world is one of its best.

Arrangements were made some time ago and Greig, of this Parish, gave up an afternoon from fixing Minis, collecting 57 Alfas (he has more than even he understands is fair to all the other people in SA who would like to own one) and generally working hard.

Well, I did indeed fit into his race special. Bad news was I had to remove the rear seat squab, oh and my shoes. Twisting my foot to reach the accelerator pedal has left me with what might be a permanent dead nerve.

.jpg   DSC03161l.jpg (Size: 322.95 KB / Downloads: 427)

We moved on to see the rest of his Austin Sevens (hidden behind 1957 Alfas). All were very special and deserving of the care Greig is clearly going to give them.

.jpg   DSC03133.JPG (Size: 332.3 KB / Downloads: 424)

Greig's, and his Dad's ways of working with what they have to hand is a great example in the era of reuse rather than just binning things. He has truly reused everything, including the kitchen sink, which is now a stainless steel fuel tank for the special. 

So, thank you again Greig, the milkshake was truly the only way to fight off the 37 degree heat, and the very best of luck with the new project.

Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!

Messages In This Thread
Wonderful world of Austin Sevens - by Andy Bennett - 05-02-2020, 07:23 PM