The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorsport UK Period Defined Vehicle ID
Robert
Indeed for most road events there is a "champagne" class, open to those of us who cannot or chose not to have a buff form. The Welsh Trial does only admit pre-1930 cars, fear not, the Welsh Scatter welcomes you all! As mentioned before, VSCC and indeed Inter-Reg scrutes chose over a long time to ignore that safe LEDs did not conform with the arcane and arbitary requirements of the Blue Book, for the Measham persecuted TOPO staff indicated that Colnbrook were demanding no LEDs. The ban on additional forward facing lights was also imposed by MUK, apparently to stop excessive lighting in the nightime lanes caused by post war rally cars with galleries of Cibies. This turned out to be a wholly unnessecary ban as the only post was car was a mkVI Bentley.

Measham entry numbers were lower than expected, due to those of us not prepared to spend pocket money on deconverting from LEDs or deciding that youthful bravery ended just a few years, or in my case, decades ago. Let us hope that forthcoming nav events will be left well alone, the thuoght of Colnbrook trying to issue diktats to Inter-Reg scrutineers seems unlikely. If there is a chance of a MUK official telling Jim Wood what to do in a village hall car park, then I guess quite a few tickets for spectators can be sold in advance.

Much earlier in this thread I wondered whether, due to wholly inadequate dynamo output, I could get away with a small genny strapped to the luggage rack. I did not try this, but a certain Morris from
Lientwardine did in fact carry and use a small Honda genny set, slightly concealed behind the front seats rather than on display outside.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Motorsport UK Period Defined Vehicle ID - by Steve kay - 08-02-2020, 08:27 PM