The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solex MOV idle and mixture
Thanks for your contributions. Robert Foreman re-bushed the throttle spindle for me and i have discussed the subject with him at length. The problem seems to be that different people get very different results with ostensibly the same set up .

Given the problems other people have had maybe I'm not doing too badly after all. In my limited experience the key to good pick up is the size of the well in the jet carrier assembly which fills up with fuel at idle speed and lets it out in a big splurge when you blip the throttle - a sort of jet pump effect. There are various different sized assemblies, the details of which do not all of which appear in the solex literature. After a bit of fiddling I have now got it set up reasonably satisfactorily and will possibly need to make a new jet cap to replace the one on loan from my brother which is the bigger size and seems impossible to find.

Part of the trouble is city driving, on the open road the pick-up and idle mixture are less crucial, but now i have my car in Paris i spenf a lot of time at traffic lights and driving on part throttle which magnifies these problems. I am thinking of getting a lambda sensor to try and make the tuning process a bit more scientific...

Messages In This Thread
Solex MOV idle and mixture - by Tom Coates - 04-01-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: Solex MOV idle and mixture - by Erich - 05-01-2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Solex MOV idle and mixture - by Damian GT - 06-01-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Solex MOV idle and mixture - by Tom Coates - 08-01-2020, 09:36 AM
RE: Solex MOV idle and mixture - by Charles P - 08-01-2020, 10:50 AM