The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a reproduction Ulster in New Zealand
(Just reviving my old thread from the old forum and updating slightly) 

The following is a post of my progress on recreating a 1929/30 Austin seven ulster (super sports) In New Zealand.  It is far from complete but I will try to update the posts as I progress.

I purchased the miscellaneous car parts while I was a student working in Christchurch. With no home or garage I stashed it all in a storage unit where it sat for a year. Fast forward two years and it is now being compiled into a reproduction ulster. That is the goal, but time, money and skills will ultimately govern the result.

As someone with no experience with Austin’s, this has been extremely challenging but equally rewarding.

An assortment of parts and the beginning of one hell of a journey.
The following pictures show the floor pan in construction.

Floor pan halves being folded up.

Bit of a test fit....

Floor pan edge being lifted showing tuck. Tucks are put in to help shrink the metal as it is lifted bit by bit until it is fully lifted up. The tucks are cold shrunk. It all looks a bit messy, but with some good dressing and planishing, it'll finish up well.

Just a few of the tools I have made/purchased. I don't have access to machinery, so I rely heavily on hand tools and the slower techniques... but as they say, there's no substitute to time and patience.

To be continued soon....(It seems I have reached the limit of photos for now).

Messages In This Thread
Building a reproduction Ulster in New Zealand - by Athanasius Santamaria - 10-10-2017, 10:48 AM