The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven one of the UKs top first cars
There's nothing like rolling something made of wafer thin steel panels is there, Ruairidh? Makes you feel very alive being an inch from death.

I've just looked up Beggar's Roost... is that some sort of rite-of-passage hill climb for the local yoof and other nutters? Looks like you'd have required plenty of bouncing for purposes of added traction. Good story, though. I especially like the financial and social pennance of seemingly endless plate washing... quite right, too!

My particular incident was on the unofficial local race track known as Scout Road on the way to Rivington. Also known for the infamous Scout Road Chippy, the mention of which and the "promise" of the bag of chips from the non-existent establishment lead to many a local Boltonian maiden losing her virtue... part of Bolton folklore.

I, unfortunately, was not there for that lusty pursuit, nor was I even accompanied by a member of the fairer sex. I was purely up there to be a bit of a d*ckhead and to be made to realise very early on by the Driving Gods that I was not Nigel Mansell and Tony Pond rolled into one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Seven one of the UKs top first cars - by PedigreeChummy - 16-07-2019, 09:47 PM