The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Fitting Clutch
Hi,

I've just fitted a new clutch pressure plate to my 3-speed engine / gearbox and fitted a new lining to this but not to the flywheel as it's only done 1,000 miles or so and I didn't want to remove the flywheel.

The clutch assembly seems to fit fine and before fitting the gear box the clutch driven plate seemed to be tightly gripped by clutch pressure plate / flywheel.

After fitting the gearbox however, and with the box in 1st gear, i can just about turn the gearbox output shaft without turning the engine so obviously the clutch is slipping.

I've noticed that there is now no free play in the clutch pedal and also the thrust bearing housing can't be rattled about which I'm fairly sure it could be before.

I'm wondering if it could be as simple as the toggle arms not being correctly engaged in the slots in the thrust race but I've tried taking it out and re-fitting and there's not much difference.

Any suggestions?   Also is there a recommended method for ensuring the clutch arms are correctly in the thrust race?

I fitted the thrust race to the clutch first and then offered up the gearbox since it meant I could check the toggles were OK but obviously they could have moved whilst I was trying to slide the gearbox into position and lining up the double spline.   Would it be better to have the thrust race in the gearbox first?

John.

Messages In This Thread
Re-Fitting Clutch - by John P - 04-06-2019, 03:36 PM
RE: Re-Fitting Clutch - by Ruairidh Dunford - 04-06-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Re-Fitting Clutch - by John P - 04-06-2019, 06:01 PM
RE: Re-Fitting Clutch - by Ruairidh Dunford - 04-06-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: Re-Fitting Clutch - by Steve Jones - 04-06-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: Re-Fitting Clutch - by John P - 07-06-2019, 03:25 PM