The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what books do I need? (and other things)
Next Questions for tonight.

You may recall that I live in Toronto, so, parts and shipping will always be an issue.

Next Month SWMBO & I will be in London for at least a week. (16 - 23 of May or son in case anyone knows of a show or event that would be local to the London area)

With the car I received the book The Austin Seven by Wyatt. I have on hold, the book The Austin Seven Manual by Woodrow. 

Are there any other publications that I should pick up/ order while in the country?

Also, are there any other things that I need to get - especially things that might not be available at a later date.

I am not anxious about tires - they will I am sure be available in a few years when I need them.

Somewhere while googling these wee cars I found a thread (not sure if this forum or another) where someone was discussing cast brake drums - the foundry was closing and some castings were lost. Are these available? Are they worth getting? 

Likewise, I presume there are bushings somewhere, are they readily available?

Is there anything that you would stockpile now knowing that it might be a few years before you actually start on the car?

thanks all!
JP

Messages In This Thread
what books do I need? (and other things) - by jpsmit - 30-04-2019, 02:16 AM