The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction including nippy crankcase
The front axle is Bowden IFS.  Twin springs with ends of A7 axle cut off and fixed to springs sandwiched between 2 plates.
Bowden engineering Ottery St Mary Devon.  I have copies of the drawings that they photoed for me.......use them as you wish they said.  Don't know if they are still going, but last visit to their small workshop they were making a batch of tractor  stub axles using an ingenious device that ran along a pattern one and translated the movement to a lump of metal in a lathe so reproducing a copy.
One big snag was the use of early axle ends with the longer king pins so prone to breaking.  I sold my Nippy EJ 4322 with the IFS fitted to a couple who drove it away.......I vigorously warned them that I suspected both king pins were broken, if not just once but possibly above and below the axle ends!!!!
Yes it did have hydraulic MM brakes and it had a BMC A engine (one of the smaller ones).  I was selling it to raise the money to buy my uniforms at the start of my sea going career....1967ish.
There is a photo of it some where with a 16 foot canoe on top on screen and hood frame....happy days.

Dennis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auction including nippy crankcase - by JonE - 20-02-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: Auction including nippy crankcase - by Dennis Nicholas - 21-02-2019, 02:10 PM
RE: Auction including nippy crankcase - by JonE - 24-02-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: Auction including nippy crankcase - by JonE - 03-03-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: Auction including nippy crankcase - by Alan - 04-03-2019, 02:13 PM