The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an anorak writes
I  know I should be busy somewhere, but scanning the forum before descending to the workshop, my eye was caught by the references to the French ATF site. I'm not aware that anyone has posted about the Austin pictured at Monthlery so I've done a bit of work. This car, under the name of Austin Yacco Special, ran between 19th  April and 2nd May 1934, taking a number of records in the 3 to 5 litre class. Drivers were de Prescale, Bodecat and  Fortin, "Marchand" also drove but some sources suggest he built and/or entered the car, although I cannot immediately find whther this is Cesar Marchand or his brother Lucien. All these drivers seem to have been Monthlery professionals or almost residents as their names appear on other record breaking drives, of which Citroen's were by far the longest. Maybe the petrol head of the time, after a splendid meal at a famous bistro, or a wild night at a cabaret, could drive over to the circuit and drink coffee and watch the dawn come up over the banking whilst the Citroen continued to lap hour after hour. I have not been able to find more about the car, but since this site attracts researchers and historians of a far greater calibre than any other, no doubt when I emerge from the workshop the true meaning of "Yacco" will have been revealed.

I hope the French teacher is already in class, I can't find out how to add the correct accents.

Messages In This Thread
an anorak writes - by Steve kay - 06-02-2019, 09:11 AM
RE: an anorak writes - by Reckless Rat - 06-02-2019, 09:25 AM
RE: an anorak writes - by Steve Jones - 06-02-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: an anorak writes - by Reckless Rat - 06-02-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: an anorak writes - by Pearls not a Singer - 06-02-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: an anorak writes - by Steve kay - 08-02-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: an anorak writes - by MartinH - 08-02-2019, 11:40 PM
RE: an anorak writes - by Duncan Grimmond - 09-02-2019, 12:35 AM