The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with starter motor ( HELP !!! )
(15-12-2018, 09:34 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: I put an earth from engine to chassis when sparks were generated between oil gauge and dashboard. The oil pipe was the earth.

As Dave did, I ran an earth cable directly from the battery/body connection to one of the gearbox top securing bolts and all was well for years. Then one day the bacon slicer starter wouldn't turn above a grudging 4 or 5 rpm - certainly too slow to start the engine. Believing the 6v battery to be on its way out I purchased a new one; same situation with new battery - so I investigated properly, as I should have done in the first place! The problem was that the two starter motor securing bolts had come very slightly loose, sufficiently so as to restrict the heavy current flow needed to correctly operate the starter motor. I now have 2 perfectly good 6v 80Ah batteries - a spare is never a bad idea!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with starter motor ( HELP !!! ) - by Ian McGowan - 15-12-2018, 11:17 AM