The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stator tube ignition plate diagnosis
I had trouble clamping the Ignition/Gas plate to the stationary outer tube in the column. I cured this by inserting shim to allow the clamp to grip the tube.
Are you sure that this isn't what is happening in this case?
The innermost of the three tubes is the hand throttle, next is ignition and the outermost is the stationary tube to which the plate is clamped.
This can be checked quite simply.
First remove the two levers on the bottom of the column. First note their position which I suggest is done with both levers at the lower end of their travel. Then slacken the clamp bolts and the levers willcome off.
Also slacken the clamp for the Ignition/Gas plate.
Once this is done the plate and 2 inner tubes can be pulled up the column an inch or so. This should reveal the outermost tube to which the plate should clamp. It should protrude by the thickness of the plate and should not be loose.
If it doesn't protrude or is loose then the outer tube needs to be replaced as already described.
If it does then the clamping of the plate is inadequate. I used shim to get a tighter fit. Don't over-tighten the clamp, it will split the plate.
There are screws in the levers that tension the springs that grip the plate to stop the levers moving. If these are unscrewed and the springs and friction blocks removed the plate can be separated from the levers which makes it easier to fit the plate onto the the outer tube.
Once the plate is clamped firmly the two inner tubes can be pushed home and everything done up.
Jim

Messages In This Thread
stator tube ignition plate diagnosis - by JonE - 11-12-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: stator tube ignition plate diagnosis - by AustinWood - 13-12-2018, 02:54 PM