The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Type inner axle felt seal change
Hello chaps, I need some help please?

Being a newcomer to the Seven...well I've not touched it all for a year now, I 've decided to strip down the Ruby D Type rear axle. The axle is now split and shaft assembly & cwp all removed.

Being a daft old newcomer...how do I remove the spring clip enabling the felt inner seals and bits to come out so that I can replace it all?

I seem to be missing the obvious, but I fully compressed the seal by winding in the adjuster fully, then took the adjuster right out, but there must be a knack to removing the spring clip? Woodrow  shows it all in a diagram but doesn't mention how it is done. 

I found a website that mentioned to insert it all by using a length of threaded rod with washers and nuts each end....should I be doing this to remove the lot too, and was this the method back in the day?

I'm sure that it is one of these things that once done is simple to repeat, but currently I'm foxed!

All help will be much appreciated.

regards

Arthur

Messages In This Thread
D Type inner axle felt seal change - by merlinart - 15-10-2018, 01:38 PM