The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bushes - Reaming King Pins & rear springs
Question 
Question #1
How long is a "long" King pin & how long is a "short one? I don't know the history of my front axle/hubs, but my pins are ~3.475" long. They are in good condition with a consistent o/d 0.499-0.501.
The bushes are shot, with the i/d anywhere from 0.5085-0.5105 plus.  The axle eyes are not oval, but n/s is about .005/8" oversize. I did not have grease plugs ....the top of the Pin was sealed off with solder & a 0.750" plug jammed into the base! Stub axle numbers  are 1A4122/3

Question #2 can I simply obtain a new set of bushes & thrusts with a 0.500 diameter? the suppliers are suggesting that the bushes will need to be reamed (even if I buy a kit with new pins) Why are they not made to fit? leading to:

Question#3 I bought new Rear spring bushes & was surprised to find that they also need to be reamed to fit the (new) 0.500" BR58 Spring pin/rear spring bolt. As the new bushes are a (very) loose fit in the spring eye I cannot drive the bush into the spring to hold it while reaming it (if I had a reamer....) Why are they not made to fit their matching bolt?

Messages In This Thread
Bushes - Reaming King Pins & rear springs - by David.H - 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM