The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto advance Lucas distributor springs
Jon, I have obtained the best result using two differing weight springs, a light spring controls the initial advance and the heavy spring takes over as the revs build, as Chris quite rightly points out the heavy spring needs some slack to allow the light spring to do its job. If you use two heavy springs with slack on both you will effectively lose a portion of your advance at tickover, careful examination will show wear on advance weight and cam quadrant the pins as well as the bores of the little brass spring anchors and this needs to be eliminated. I would hazard that the majority of sevens on the road today are running constantly at almost full advance, hence my comments on the other thread, get it to work as intended and feel the punch in your back from all the raw power you unleash!!!
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
auto advance Lucas distributor springs - by JonE - 18-06-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: auto advance Lucas distributor springs - by Ian Williams - 19-06-2018, 04:20 AM