The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Cross Shaft bushes info (RP Saloon 1934)
Hi 

This is the first time of posting on this forum, so any help would be appreciated!

I am currently refurbishing a 1934 RP box saloon where I have completely stripped it down to the bare bones and am now rebuilding the chassis. I have been researching on this forum and found it really helpful but could do with a little extra help with how the cross shaft works (or moves) when the brakes are applied. The cross tube bearings were loose on the n/s but seized on the o/s (it also has a centre bush housing). After reading on the forum there is a zinc liner between each bush and the cross shaft, does the bush move in the housing its riveted into when the brakes are applied or is this part pinched tight in the housing and the shaft moves between the shaft and liner and bush? 

I have also bought some new liners (brass) from the Seven Workshop but they only do 2 sizes and I need a third for the larger o/s bush, is there anywhere else in the UK that sells them (the shaft O/D is 1 21/64, and  the bush I/D is 1 3/8)?

Messages In This Thread
Brake Cross Shaft bushes info (RP Saloon 1934) - by John - 25-10-2023, 09:09 AM