The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation of the family Chummy…
I slept very well at Mark and Gaynor’s home, it is absolutely silent!

Mark cooked a tremendous breakfast for us all and we then headed out in both cars, the Van in front, to visit the aqueduct.

With no handrail on one side it requires nerves of steel to pilot the boats across.

Mark led me on a scenic route towards Chester, before they headed back and I continued on up the Wirral towards Liverpool. I have quite a job finding my way into the entrance of the Birkenhead tunnel, but eventually found the correct route in. It was not busy and the car travelled through without issue. The only dilemma was an unexpected junction with absolutely no signage, I kept right and emerged in the centre of the city.

Lots of traffic lights were red and the stop start became monotonous. However I was soon on the open road again, passing through Ormskirk and then on towards Preston.

The days distance was the shortest of the trip but I had envisaged it would be busy and tedious, I was correct.

Preston opened up the long awaited A6 and I was able to motor freely once more, soon entering Lancaster and a short drive to my lodgings at Longlands, near Carnforth.

The car had done well, no issues at all and was now running quite smoothly, the journey was doing it some good. I had a lovely meal and some ale, before heading to bed, early! Oh how the might fall!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Relocation of the family Chummy… - by Ruairidh Dunford - 23-10-2023, 10:20 AM