The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radius arm clearance in axle end.
(04-07-2023, 04:05 PM)Archivist Wrote: Nick - are these what you mean and do these drawings help? They were kindly re-drawn from the original scribbles by Gordon England who, of course, has recently become Archivist and I am just an echo of the past...

As you can see, these were drawn up a while ago and are yet to be published, along with the others that go to make up the set..

Thanks Hugh, that's brilliant. 

They almost added to the confusion, but I think I have worked it out... I'm reasonably certain that the end of the radius arm is 3/4" diameter, the corresponding hole in the end plate is 25/32 which suggests 1/32" clearance, but the bush dimensions on that drawing indicate 3/4" OD and a 1/2" hole through the centre. This must be a bush to put in the end of a sawn off Austin axle in the hole the radius rod was originally pushed into... the flame cut end has a half inch hole in the equivalent place for a securing bolt. 

Do you happen to have a drawing showing the hole diameter in a standard axle Hugh?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radius arm clearance in axle end. - by Nick Lettington - 04-07-2023, 04:34 PM