The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmission knocking - guidance sought
(27-08-2017, 03:49 PM)Phil D Wrote: Thank you all. I hope to have time this week to get underneath. It's evidently worth looking at prop shaft couplings etc, ... in hope!

Yes, always check the easy things first. In this case working forwards from the prop shaft/pinion connection. Eliminate all other possibilities before looking for a loose flywheel (although given your description of the symptoms, that's where you might end up Sad ). 

I think I've told the story before of a friend competing on a trial who immediately put the lack of performance of his new engine down to him having assembled the timing gears a tooth or two out. When Malcolm and I came across him (in the middle of a damp forest) he was starting to remove the radiator prior to dismantling the front of his engine to re-set the gears. 

We spent a couple of minutes re-timing the distributor for him. Problem solved!

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transmission knocking - guidance sought - by Steve Jones - 27-08-2017, 04:30 PM