The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a Nippy project needs a caring new owner
I'm in favour every time of these cars being restored to there original form.

But many things make me ask the question " why bother "

For starters is the asking price, to high to by them in the first place.

I don't know what the red one is for sale for. But if they want to give someone the chance to restore it. It needs to be £2k or less. That way someone can spend £20k+ on restoring it over 4 years. At the momment it is more Ruby than nippy anyway.

I was offered the green won about 8 months ago. I think the price then was £11,000 and yes it's great to have the correct type engine. But the reson why it's been left in this state is because the owner has been given the quote to restore it. And probably fell over from shock when they were told.

Yes it normally costs more to build these cars than they are worth when finished, and that's fine when you get the satisfaction of doing it. But how much over its finished value should you pay before you realise, perhaps someone should have built an Ulster rep out of it.

The next thing is the number of people who will cut corners and bodge rather than pay what's needed to do it properly.

There is a stunning nippy with correct engine for sale in the scottish austin 7 mag for. I THINK £15k

Why not just pay that up front and have a stunning car for less money, not have to spend all that time restoring, and you can drive it now. Huh

Messages In This Thread
RE: a Nippy project needs a caring new owner - by Tony Betts - 06-04-2018, 06:31 PM