The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
engine seizing after a few days
Hi All, 

I am lucky to have inherited a '28 Chummy last year. The car was in bits having previously suffered a water leak inside the block. After a lot of reading, watching videos and head scratching and some very valuable help from a local club member we got it fired up and I had my first very short drive last week. Three days later I went to start it up and the starter couldn't turn it over. I assumed a low battery so I charged it up and tried again today. Again it would not turn over so I put it in gear and rocked it back and forth, it made a scraping or grinding noise but did free up enough that the starter could work and it fired up. 

Is it normal for this sort of thing after such a short time? if not, any suggestions for what is causing this and what to do? from the highs of last weeks first start up and drive it was incredibly disappointing today. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Aiden

Messages In This Thread
engine seizing after a few days - by Aiden - 22-05-2022, 08:21 PM
RE: engine seizing after a few days - by Aiden - 22-05-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: engine seizing after a few days - by bob46320 - 23-05-2022, 06:54 AM
RE: engine seizing after a few days - by Aiden - 23-05-2022, 06:00 PM