The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alternative engines - what's been tried?
(19-03-2018, 07:23 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have worked on Austin Sevens with the following engines in:

A-Series

Reliant (OHV and S/V)

Riley Nine

JAP

I have 'seen' the following used,

BAC

Cov. Climax

Big Seven

Cleone

I will probably remember more in the middle of the night!

The fire pump Coventry Climax engines are these the FWM 654cc engines?

A Series, that would be good. Not having looked at one for yonks, would the sump need modifying much the same as on a Reliant 850? I've already trimmed a new Reliant sump.

Dare I suggest a Honda CX500 V twin? 40bhp from 48kg including gearbox, though output shaft 100mm offset to the right as one looks at from the rear. A four valve per cyl little screamer! Not been tried to my knowledge?

Arthur

(19-03-2018, 08:24 PM)merlinart Wrote:
(19-03-2018, 07:23 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have worked on Austin Sevens with the following engines in:

A-Series

Reliant (OHV and S/V)

Riley Nine

JAP

I have 'seen' the following used,

BAC

Cov. Climax

Big Seven

Cleone

I will probably remember more in the middle of the night!

The fire pump Coventry Climax engines are these the FWM 654cc engines?

A Series, that would be good. Not having looked at one for yonks, would the sump need modifying much the same as on a Reliant 850? I've already trimmed a new Reliant sump.

Dare I suggest a Honda CX500 V twin? 40bhp from 48kg including gearbox, though output shaft 100mm offset to the right as one looks at from the rear. A four valve per cyl little screamer! Not been tried to my knowledge?

Arthur
Should have said 50bhp from 48kg.

Arthur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative engines - what's been tried? - by merlinart - 19-03-2018, 08:24 PM