The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guildtown 2022 good to be back
A lovely collection and range of Sevens at what appears to be a very enjoyable rally. I would loved to have been there.

There was a posting last week on Facebook of an in-car video taken from a sports Seven on one of the runs.
To my mind these videos never accurately produce the correct sound or note of a Seven engine. They always sound thrashy, over advanced, etc If this had been the actual noise I think you would have stopped to investigate!

I remember many years ago attending a PWA7C club night where the speaker was a David Clarke. David was the founder of Graypaul, the Ferrari dealership, then based in Loughborough. He brought along a film which was intended to show what it was like to own and, especially, to drive a Ferrari. He placed particular emphasis on the sound and went onto to say that it took his sound man an immense amount of time before he correctly placed his microphones to accurately replicate the sounds. Getting sounds correct in films is apparently very difficult.

Finally, after Nick Turley's superb Pram Hood named Elle, perhaps someone might like to follow it with one named Elmer - The Patchwork Elephant !!

Messages In This Thread
guildtown 2022 good to be back - by Tony Betts - 02-05-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: guildtown 2022 good to be back - by Chris Garner - 03-05-2022, 09:00 AM