The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hitherto unknown and important benefit of E10
I run a 3-bearing engine that has not been apart in decades and was left idle between 1975 and 1999. I de-coked it twelve years ago after ten years running, partly because I could see carbon build-up down the plug holes and also because this was recommended in the literature. There was about half a mm of black to scrape off. I don't remember it making any difference to the running.

So, do engines that haven't been decoked reach sensible equilibrium where no more carbon builds up, or are they these engines in such good condition that carbon hardly builds up at all and they remain 'clean'?

If E10 works to remove carbon that is present somehow, those running on E10 will see a cleaner engine than before? I am using the locally alcohol free (so far as I know) BP Ultimate and so - if there is such an effect - I haven't seen it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A hitherto unknown and important benefit of E10 - by Colin Morgan - 10-04-2022, 01:15 PM