The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motorcycle engined 7 disadvantages
Personally, I don’t think you need to retire to the library with your service pistol because there are many Sevenists here who have made engine swaps with varying levels of success.

Andrew has made some valuable observations, but the real question is what do you want out of your Seven special? Will it be street driven or simply a bit of fun that goes on a trailer?

If it is the former, perhaps an engine more in keeping with the age of your chassis might be worth considering, such as an old vee twin out of a Y type BSA ( if you can find one!) a JAP twin would be great but it would probably put the rest of the running gear under so much strain, you might as well scratch build something. Perhaps a big single might be an option like a 500 Norton...

Odgy built a special with a maggot vee twin (Honda CX if I remember correctly, it’s on the old forum here so you can have a look) and being a cooking 500 it didn’t put to much strain on the original seven running gear.

If it’s a trailer car for competition, I’m not sure a bike engined Seven would be a bit restricted as to what you could compete in and there are already some very quick Seven engined cars out there already.

Have a look at Odgy’s car and see if that gives you some inspiration.

Messages In This Thread
RE: motorcycle engined 7 disadvantages - by Ivor Hawkins - 30-03-2022, 01:05 PM
RE: motorcycle engined 7 disadvantages - by Alan - 30-03-2022, 01:25 PM