The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rust removal molasses oxalic hydrochloric update
(13-01-2022, 02:44 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: i have never been impressed by any of the brush on concoctions; never seem to penetrate, and always conscious of embrittlement effects. I have not tried molasses or other long soakage but from reading here and elsewhere the electrolysis methods would seem the simplest and cheapest option. Although again reservations about embrittlement on the likes of spokes.

Here here Bob!

Jon, it's not the voltage that counts, it's the current that's important. I aim for about 3A and a battery charger of the traditional type (5A, 6/12V, not a modern smart charger), is ideal. The battery can be used to stabilize the voltage if required or left out if the current is struggling to get up to 3A. 24 - 48 hours in the bath is required at the stated current.

This is by far the quickest, simplest and most effective method of de-rusting steel and CI.

Messages In This Thread
RE: rust removal molasses oxalic hydrochloric update - by Parazine - 13-01-2022, 11:46 AM