The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you include in the perfect Austin Seven workshop?
(06-01-2022, 04:00 PM)Charles P Wrote: Wheatley and Morgan nailed it for everyone over 50 years ago, except possibly Stuart Giles who clearly has American sized ambitions.

Well, someone earlier in this thread did mention the car enthusiast fact that stuff expands to fill the space available. I have two garages and two workshops here now. This is a pic of part my 'new' garage (meant to solve the previous overcrowding problem) when I was just finishing it 2014.

[Image: 51803902831_16200f6da3_z.jpg]

And this is what it looked like a couple of months ago.

[Image: 51804244459_41e1dbee13_z.jpg]

This is a pic of one of my workshops taken a couple of years ago.

[Image: 51802930442_f16132e20e_z.jpg]

Since when I have added several 'new to me' machines; getting the last of them installed will involve some 3D workshop Tetris Rolleyes .

So, it would hopefully take some time for me to fill my dreamed of couple of 200 sq m workshops and a 300 sq m garage; especially as a limiting factor is that I will need to live to be 120 or so years old to finish the projects I have in hand already Undecided

BTW, I borrowed and read the first Wheatley & Morgan book from one of my brothers just after I bought my Special in 1971. The suggested workshop equipment etc. seemed pretty much fantasy as a home workshop to me as an engineering apprentice earning the princely sum of £7.50 (before stoppages) per week. Our home garage then had a Victorian/maybe Edwardian 'Britannia' lathe and a hand operated pillar drill; at the time I thought that was pretty well equipped, although some bits I made/modded back then were 'homers' produced at work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you include in the perfect Austin Seven workshop? - by Stuart Giles - 06-01-2022, 08:51 PM