The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary
It is of course all my fault that OK 7095 exists as a car with a V5C and registered with the DVLA. In 1968 I built a car as a sort of 1923 replica for use as college transport (Birmingham to South Wales) using a miscellaneous collection of spare parts (but all mid/late 1920s) and the then Birmingham Motor Taxation Office were kind enough to re-issue that plate to me for that car.  I used the car for a year (in all weathers!) and then rebuilt it with a different body as a college project. The body I made went to Terry McGrath for his 'racer' and it still exists mounted on a long chassis I believe. I kept my car until circa 1972 and sold it to Tony Hutchings, he built the 'proper' replica and transferred the log book and hence the number onto that car. The car I sold him was re-registered and I believe still exists. Apart from the registration number the only bit he used from my car was the licence holder!   Amusingly (or annoyingly!) the Hutchings car was I believe on show for some years in a museum in Switzerland as the original Austin works racer......

I recall a visit from a member of the Birmingham City Police Force at the behest of the Taxation office to inspect the car to make sure there were no stolen parts being used ....... the fact that father was a Police Inspector on the Birmingham Force had I am sure nothing to do with the Taxation office being so helpful (!!!!!!)

But do all please note that OK 7095 does not have any continuous history.... I repeat I had that number re-issued in 1968 to me !!!

I believe the V5C holding OK 7095 is now a Chummy....

...... and Birmingham Police Force not Birmingham Police Service .......  when coppers were coppers....... !!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by Steve kay - 09-12-2021, 12:44 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by austin - 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by Monsdonnet - 20-12-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 21-12-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 21-12-2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by JonE - 24-12-2021, 11:46 AM
RE: Sevens at Shelsley; The Centenary - by austin - 10-03-2022, 10:25 AM