The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 & Racing Bicycles ????
Hi chris

Do you happen to know date of the bike advert? Curious that BSA fittngs (whatever that included) were more expensive. Would be interested what gearing they considered ideal for touring. The 3 speed hubs are very limiting by modern standards. British off the shelf bikes were well made into the 50s but the 1970s/80s ones assembled here were very inferior to Jap based bikes. In 1940 my father bought a 2nd hand 28 wheel bike with downturned handlebars and high fixed gear so presumably considered sporty at the time. it took decades of use before we realised it was unusually high geared! I rode it through school and beyond later with hub gears. A few weeks ago after years of wonky hip I reckoned I could ot get onto a mans bike so scrapped it. A few weeks later discovered that by leaning very far forward I could still get on a mans bike. It was fun as 7 " cranks and ground clearance such that could not ground the pedal;  great fun when young and to which I was looking forward to re experiencing!

Messages In This Thread
Austin 7 & Racing Bicycles ???? - by flywheel1935 - 11-09-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Austin 7 & Racing Bicycles ???? - by Bob Culver - 17-09-2021, 09:18 AM
RE: Austin 7 & Racing Bicycles ???? - by austin - 20-09-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Austin 7 & Racing Bicycles ???? - by JonE - 21-09-2021, 12:27 PM