The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will the problems never end, vol.2
WILL the problems EVER end.....well I certainly live in hope....you'll be familiar with the LAST ONE***....

Many will recall my electrification of 'Frankie' a 1933 RP.........jeez!!! After 2 years it is finally on the road and IT IS FABULOUS. Two years is a long time, but it has not simply been spent on one car.....I hate working in the rain, the cold and underneath it....Grrrrrr.   Some may remember the 'stick' I had for even having the audacity of 'converting' to electric, but I have to report IT'S FABULOUS and I recommend it.  Quiet (to state the bloody obvious) quick - so quick the brakes could hardly stop a reborn 'Frankie'. 

A beautiful renovated 2 tone body shell. New door cards, new leather seats, powder coated wheels, new tyres. Fabulous bright headlights and a tricky concealed rear lighting system. 

The 'Europeans' who supplied the 3 phase electric motor, controller and batteries were not helpful. However, the controller is made by 'Curtis' and such an International Company were more than helpful. I bought the software and the means of tweaking the Torque, the 'soft' accelleration, and the top speed. 

Driving straight onto the rear axle torque tube flange via a new prop' shaft proved a good idea. However, the first DRIVE revealed an interesting matter....... It wasn't a slipping clutch (that the vendors friend was trying to fix all those years ago????) Take One... the prop shaft turned but it had all the feeling sof a slipping clutch - BUT there is not clutch!!!! Quite simply, the 'D' key in the half shaft had sheared into two parts***........ (A massive thanks to Dave the Mann who investigated the phenomenon, lent a new outer hub, key and gaskets). Take two was a very welcome success - apart from not being able to stop!!!

If anyone wishes to keep up2date my blog is at www.immortal-gems.co.uk and also www.vintage-ev.uk (a new venture offering American motors and controllers) and also electric power for Canal Boats.........

Messages In This Thread
Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by DazeOff - 07-11-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by Alan - 07-11-2020, 07:38 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by DazeOff - 04-07-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by daveg - 07-07-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by daveg - 07-07-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by JonE - 08-07-2021, 12:01 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by Alan - 08-07-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: Will the problems never end, vol.2 - by daveg - 10-07-2021, 09:20 AM