The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven (and other) values........
(08-02-2018, 04:10 PM)Dave Prior Wrote: I know many people my age who would love to own one, but they don't know where to start.
The limiting factors that would get them started:
1. access to the family garage space or an income to allow access to a personal garage or undercover storage
2. a supportive knowledgeable parent - or supportive club network close by
3. say 3 or 4 thousand quid to get them a rough running Ruby or an earlier car for tinkering with
4. a weekly fund for tools and generally-required stuff...

Once they are started, they will make the time, but is it realistic that this will happen unless people have that entrée already? i.e. parents or close friends being involved in the cars already...

But you, Dave, are in a key position to influence people and create a cluster! It would be interesting to put the issues to people who sound interested and find out whether these are the limiting factors, or if they aren't... what are?

The primitive and raw bit is excellent - I agree; one of the reasons I think they 'got' me. They really are hugely complex projects to manage that can be tackled because time/speed of completion isn't dreadfully important. And they are in many ways like going travelling without having to leave home - venturing into the unknown.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Seven (and other) values........ - by JonE - 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM