The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" battery can't spin starter ???
Hi,
Having followed your plight with the batteries and request for suppliers, here is something which may help?
Some years ago, the battery on my Nippy finally expired and I ended up buying a Shield 6 volt battery. It fits well enough in the battery box under the bonnet (I guess similar to your Ruby?) and is made of hard rubber so looks "right."

Given that I do quite a bit of night driving, I went for the higher powered one to give me more running time at night. It's been in for about 5 years and has been excellent so far. Sorry I can't remember how much it was but I don't think it was silly money.

The numbers I have for it seem to be: Shield J16 501 - 17 which is 117 Amp / Hour at 20 Amps although they also do one at 80 Amp / Hours too.

Their number is 01279 652067 or contact via shieldbatteries.co.uk

I have no connection with these at all other than as a very satisfied customer so hope this helps your search?
Best wishes,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: "New" battery can't spin starter ??? - by Austin Nippy - 10-11-2020, 06:26 PM