The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help trace the history of this special? APP 547
Thanks for the responses.

From memory, the logbook describes it as Sports, but that logbook only goes back to 1955, so it may have been re-issued once it was already a special.

We have pretty much the full set of bits for the rolling chassis, but it's completely disassembled. At the moment, the A-frame is up against the wall in my dad's workshop. But he's in self-isolation due to the virus and there's a couple of tonnes of assorted junk I'd need to move to get to it, so I don't have any photos, I'm afraid.

Alas, the entry on the Austin Seven Specials Register came from my father. We joined the Bristol Austin Seven Club in the late '90s the first time I tried to rebuild the car, but it lived in London (we think) while it was actually in one piece.

I've got a vague feeling we looked at the Bowden suspension before identifying it as Speedex, but definitely worth double-checking. Hopefully before too long I'll be able to get to the car and inspect it properly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anyone help trace the history of this special? APP 547 - by Chris71 - 28-04-2020, 12:05 PM