The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea
(27-11-2017, 05:36 PM)Martin Prior Wrote: As he lived near London at the time and made regular weekend trips home, usually in the dark, he painted the Nippy in "Jaffa Cake" colours to make it more visible!
Although not a Nippy, our May 1934 PD still had what appeared to be its original duck hood with Lift the Dot fasteners when we bought it in 1974.

Now we're talking! Clearly THAT changes the situation entirely. So thanks for further clarification. I'll perhaps ask him about the hood.

Your PD - have you still got images of that, or indeed the remains? I'll send you the pics of mine to see if there are similarities. But it sounds that you think that double duck WAS a possibility for '34/'35, irrespective? Others thoughts on this? (cloth sandwiching a rubberised layer)

many thanks

(27-11-2017, 06:15 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:  the fasteners also appear on the door and scuttle, which suggests a later tonneau cover, since the standard side-screens would normally cover these positions ...

agree.. thats the only thing which makes me wonder whether a freshen up of fasteners might occur at the same time. But would a student - even an Edinbugh one - really have done anything other than add to the specification already there? Perhaps it was even dealer added.

Remember too that sidescreens weren't 'factory'.... whereas its thought that the wind deflectors (only in late 36 and 37) were....

Messages In This Thread
1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea - by JonE - 27-11-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: 1930s hood fasteners evidence - plea - by JonE - 27-11-2017, 07:58 PM