The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amberley Museum Autumn Historic Transport Gathering, West Sussex 08-10-2017
Being a bit of a traitor to the cause and taking my rare 1927 Singer Junior Tourer to Amberley that I've had for over 20 years. Interesting car to compare to the Austin Seven especially a 1927 Chummy, hence my provision of the following list of differences. A bit bigger and a full 4-Seat Tourer, it was advanced for its time having an Overhead Cam 8HP Engine (precursor to the famous 9HP one) but lacked the following, a driver's door (you have to enter by the passenger side!), front brakes (only rod operated rear ones) and no fan belt or pulley drive at the front of the engine (cooling purely thermo-syphon) with a V-Drive to Magneto and dynamo. Handbrake is on the right so if you have to make a sudden stop and have to change gear, you run out of hands as the foot brake is only for gentle/gradual stopping! Has an older look to it than the equivalent Austin 7 but I think is more elegant and with its Jaeger Instruments dare I say has a better build quality. Judge for yourself if you are coming to Amberley.  

.jpg   P1060335 (800x552).jpg (Size: 247.96 KB / Downloads: 198)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amberley Museum Autumn Historic Transport Gathering, West Sussex 08-10-2017 - by James Anderson - 07-10-2017, 08:56 AM