The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928 Chummy fabric joint replacement
(29-12-2018, 04:54 PM)jboy964 Wrote: Advice needed please regarding the removal and replacement of the fabric coupling on my 1928 Chummy. Woodrow says undo the three bolts securing the propshaft to the coupling and move the propshaft backwards to clear the bolt heads. Ha! What do I do when there is not enough clearance between the shaft and the bolts? With the propshaft all the way home in the U joint I still need a good 1/4 inch to clear. I’m thinking ease engine and gearbox forward slightly?

Just a thought, the car is light, stripped out at the moment and sitting high on its suspension. Would that make a difference?

Thanks, John
Strongly suspect that you have the wrong length of shaft as Mr Dunford suggests. I would sort that out if it were mine. It could make a rather loud graunching noise when the suspension is compressed. If your ride height is too high
at the rear it may be avoiding this at the moment. But when is correct it will be a problem and cause extra strain on the fabric joint.

Messages In This Thread
1928 Chummy fabric joint replacement - by jboy964 - 29-12-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: 1928 Chummy fabric joint replacement - by Nick Turley - 29-12-2018, 07:52 PM