The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were to buy an Austin Seven today - what would you look for?
(04-09-2018, 12:31 PM)Mr Pharmacist Wrote: I'm also in the market for an Austin 7 at the moment and am currently torn between a total project or something that is done and i can use and improve over the coming years. I'm drawn to specials, though i do like originality espcially with lots of patina. I have also hillclimbed my current classic, and am tempted to have a go at hillclimbing whatever Seven i end up with just for fun.

So i want a project, complete, original, special that i can hillclimb. I really need to narrow my list down and decide what i want....

So what is patina? Factory condition, kept regularly polished for 80 odd years? Dulled paintwork that shows every rain-streak and leaks like a sieve? Does patina extend to the engine compartment? Do grease covered suspension and brake drums that haven't been cleaned for 20 years count as patina? Is the measles of rust all over the rear wings patina or should they be rubbed down with 4 x 0 wire wool? Where does patina end up as rust, cracked dry leather, and leaky seals. Just asking?

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were to buy an Austin Seven today - what would you look for? - by Biddlecombe - 04-09-2018, 04:01 PM