The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What to pay for an Ulster replica
As Reckless says, caveat emptor. I bought my Ulster Rep two years ago after a year of looking. I paid 20,000 pounds for it, and have put more into it(which I won't get back) to get it closer to a real Ulster. On your car, there is good shine and likely new paint, which can hide a multitude of sins. A pig in a dress is still just a pig. I would suggest, as Reckless does, that you have someone familiar with Sevens to have a look. It would be helpful if that person would also know Ulsters and Ulster Reps. It would be helpful to know how close a replica you want. From the photo, I can a number of things, besides looking like a lwb chassis. First off, the wheels look like 17 inches with oc hubs. Ulsters came with closed center hubs and 19" wheels. Headlamps should be painted, not chromed. No side lights on wings. The exhaust should come through an opening on the NS then the expansion box should be at the side panel. Of course a genuine Ulster would originally have had touring wings, not cycle type. The NS side panel should have the hole for the exhaust and no louvers. Rubber cockpit surround shouldn't be all the way around, just for armrests. The seat back is wrong, it should have 13 ribs and go right up to the body at the rear. Original cars had an alloy body with steel floors riveted to it. Radiator shell would be chrome, not silver painted. It does look like a LWB car. I would suggest you start by looking at photos on the web of genuine cars and perhaps purchasing Chris Gould's book on reproducing Ulsters. That of course is, if you want a good replica Ulster. If you would be happy with a special, as this car obviously is, that is another matter.

Erich in Seattle

Messages In This Thread
What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Lemser - 31-08-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Erich - 31-08-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Lemser - 31-08-2018, 06:27 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Lemser - 31-08-2018, 06:37 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Erich - 01-09-2018, 01:34 AM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by DavidL - 05-09-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by JonE - 05-09-2018, 08:30 PM
RE: What to pay for an Ulster replica - by Lemser - 26-09-2018, 06:52 AM