The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas and Ignition levers on steering wheel
I set the ignition timing with the hand control about mid point. Then take out No 1 plug and turn the engine over with a thumb over the hole to identify the compression stroke. Set the piston at the top of the stroke and adjust the distributer so that the rotor arm points to no 1 cylinder and the contact points are just opening.
The Seven engine will start if the ignition is approximately right.
Adjust the timing using the steering column lever to find a place where the engine runs best. Fine tune while driving. If it's too far retarded the engine won't rev freely and will sound flat. If it's too far advance it will sound harsh.
I don't alter the timing for starting but do adjust it whilst driving depending on conditions/speed etc.
The hand throtle is usefull for setting a higher tickover when the engine is cold.
In the days (1960s) when I used to drive the A1 from Hertfordshire to Edinburgh I often set the hand throttle fully open on the dual carriageways. This enabled me to put my feet on the top of the gearbox where it was warmer in winter.
Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gas and Ignition levers on steering wheel - by AustinWood - 16-04-2024, 11:17 AM