The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highland Sports Coupe project...
Most impressive! Think there is agreement, we like it!
It's looking very smart. And, yes i agree that it has the look of a Gurney Nutting body about it. A baby Bentley, perhaps? Can't wait to see photos of it completed.
That looks superb though I'm a little unsure about the frosted windscreen.

I have a set of wooden organ pipes taking up valuable shelf space in my garage if anyone is interested. They seemed too interesting for the bonfire.
Stunning cant wait to see it in the flesh. So good to see something beautiful and useful. Pete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3yeeUtDiPw
had been thinking of this car before, but in watching the first bit of this, was surprised how darned fussy it looks in comparison to the wee one...
Interesting how the Bentley’s fabric coachwork looks “overstuffed” the Austin looks just right.
This is what happens when a good classic gets OVER restored. It's lovely, but would look a lot better with some period patina (IMHO)
Although it’s known as the Blue Train Bentley, it actually isn’t the car used in the race with the train.
Alan Fairless
The trimmer, Garry (who also did my Cup), gets the wadding just right in my opinion.

It needs to looks taut, not overweight!
Not sour grapes but I tend to think these Bentleys are over-rated. Beautiful engineering but were they not known as the fastest lorry on the road? Think of all the really nice cars you could have (and afford to put juice in) if you sold it!
I've only ever been in one and that was when I was hitchhiking from Marple to High Wycombe. (on the way to the Aldermaston march in 1966 IIRC)