The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - February 2021
I would suggest the likely colours of this car were Cream body with Light Green wings, Pale Blue body with Mid-Blue wings, or Beige body with Brown wings, but basically any pair of Smarties colours you like!

.jpg   swallow 2.jpg (Size: 65.57 KB / Downloads: 270)   

.jpg   swallow 1.jpg (Size: 58.63 KB / Downloads: 270)  
.jpg   swallow 3.jpg (Size: 34.29 KB / Downloads: 270)
Mike I stand corrected about the number plate I now realise that a similar style plate on my Early Ruby is most probably original.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Tony P.  Yes, the Ruby wheels don't do it any favours!  I've collected a set of closed centre 19" wheels, which are due to be sent away for refurbishing later this week.

Meanwhile. we have a '38 Ruby with no wheels......do I feel a deal coming on?
Two seater and Saloon paint choices from an original Mk1 Swallow sales brochure...

.png   Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 10.35.20.png (Size: 230.37 KB / Downloads: 228)
Thanks for those, Ruairidh. If I had to pick a colour scheme from those standard finishes, I would suggest our car was Sky Blue/Danish Blue, something like this:

.jpg   blue sky (2).jpg (Size: 16.79 KB / Downloads: 218)
.jpg   blue danish.jpg (Size: 17.18 KB / Downloads: 218)
would be nice to see a cream and violet car!
Our own Swallow is a 1932 Mk2 Two Seater Sports - from the remains of paint on it, the body appears to have been a very dark blue and pale blue.
Just for you, Jon:

.jpg   swallow 4.JPG (Size: 138.42 KB / Downloads: 188)
Hi Mike: Can you use this for your archives? I don't know the history as it came from an estate here in B.C.  Gord

.jpg   Scan-001.jpg (Size: 192.34 KB / Downloads: 140)
The month's picture on page one is a lovely Swallow, but would you take a photo while these people are all, erm, not looking their best? I think they are all looking for the sixpence that someone dropped in the car.

I think it was the summer of 1979, walking past a house in the Lake District I spotted this 1930 Swallow. So daughter and I just walked up someones drive and took this photo, then a swift exit. Looks like another number plate that wouldn't fit between the false spring covers.

OU 5833, I see it is still taxed!

Daughter looks a bit older these days.