The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUEL TANK QUESTION
Can someone please tell me what the small bent bracket soldered to the rear of the fuel tank is for?  I'm guessing a support for the wiring  from the control panel ?

.jpg   FUEL TANK REAR.jpg (Size: 105.76 KB / Downloads: 289)
Thanks,
Stephen
Depending on the originality and provenance of the tank, there might also be a hook or bracket on the offside of the tank taking the wiring through the bulkhead and thence to cut out and fuse box. A hook makes rather more sense than a closed bracket as illustrated, which would involve disruption of cables when the tank has to be removed.
That's not a closed bracket, it's a U-shaped bracket that has been bent closed. Yes, it's to carry the wiring to the switch panel.
Down load image, spread it with fingers, good lord, Holmes it is indeed a Bent Bracket! Might have the title of a story there.
Thank you all for confirming my suspicions.

The bracket got bent when moving the tank around. I don't want to weaken the metal by bending it too much. I'll straighten it when things are installed without danger of it being bent again.
Cheers,
Stephen