The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage (/showthread.php?tid=4466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Nick Salmon - 03-06-2020

I am using the Ruby as daily driver at the moment, to get some miles into the re-fettled engine (many thanks to Paul Lawrence!).

Stopped to take pictures of a poppy field near home and then noticed the signage. I always think of the Royal Corps of Signals motorcycle display team whenever I see the lower one.

As for the upper one, it looks to me like someone sitting on the bonnet of a car drawn by a child - with a pole out the front that is prodding a somewhat startled horse...

Anyone else got silly interpretations of road signs?

Since you ask, this is the poppy field...

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Tony Griffiths - 03-06-2020

You mean, like these?

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Nick Lettington - 03-06-2020

Someone stole the direction sign for Fingeringhoe. It's just down the road from where live. It was abbreviated on the sign to F'inghoe.

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Mike Costigan - 04-06-2020

.jpg   turn left.jpg (Size: 73.53 KB / Downloads: 818)

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Mike Costigan - 04-06-2020

.jpg   No cycling.jpg (Size: 79.89 KB / Downloads: 816)

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Rick F - 04-06-2020

Some time ago our club magazine published the following:
.jpg   Jan2011.jpg (Size: 270.25 KB / Downloads: 779)

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Hugh Barnes - 04-06-2020

Not a road sign, I'll admit, but an old favourite....

.jpg   funny sign.jpg (Size: 14.24 KB / Downloads: 764)

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Bob Culver - 04-06-2020

I may have recounted before but my sons scout group, which had an envious sign collection, coveted a stencil  displayed in a country public convenience frequented by tourists, many of whom were Asian. It depicted a person squatting on their haunches on a toilet seat, with a red ban bar drawn trhough it. Someone beat them to it.

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - Rick F - 04-06-2020

Since we have now reached "toilet-level" humour, here is one I photographed some years ago in Shanghai:

RE: Beware flying motorbikes - and other road signage - AustinWood - 04-06-2020

The Town House in the village I used to live in ha sign that read "Gentlemen left through the passage".