The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Building a Special Body - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Building a Special Body (/showthread.php?tid=332)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Building a Special Body - Ian Williams - 03-07-2018

Simon, during the cars previous incarnation I simply put a flange on the filler tube with a gasket between, it was like this for 30 years and never once leaked, so I propose to do the same again. My car is relatively flat where the filler is located, if as in Duncan's case there was a lot of shape I think his solution is a sound one.

RE: Building a Special Body - Belinni - 08-04-2019

I have been reading this with great interest and would love to read the original post from the start on the old forum. I have trawled through the old forum, but can't seem to find the original post anywhere.

Can anyone please post a link to it?

Thanks..

RE: Building a Special Body - Ian Williams - 08-04-2019

Paul, the thread on the old forum started on July 22 2015 under the heading "Special Body Build" if you wish to know anything contact me off forum and I will help you where I can.

Not sure if this will link it for you;
http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/old_forum_backup/pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/searchbox.html

RE: Building a Special Body - squeak - 09-04-2019

Welcome Ian, you've been missed. Regards  Russell

RE: Building a Special Body - Timothy P - 09-04-2019

Here's a link to Ian's thread on the old forum direct. LINK

RE: Building a Special Body - Mark Atkinson - 09-04-2019

Hello Ian, brilliant to see you post again, where did you go for so long?
As someone who only posts progress on Slippery Anne occasionally, and often goes for long periods without looking at the forum, then I probably have a cheek to ask, but how about posting an update on your build, or indeed other projects? They always inspire.
All the best, Mark

RE: Building a Special Body - Belinni - 10-04-2019

EXCELLENT.. Many Thanks... Smile Smile Smile Smile

RE: Building a Special Body - Ian Williams - 18-05-2019

I am long overdue for an update on this thread so I will start to address this over the next week or so. First the bonnet, I could not find pictures I took of forming the basic shape, in this case done on slip rollers, but just as easy to bend over a lamp post in the time honoured fashion. A flange is then turned and the hinge pieces slid into position, these are stainless and a copy of the Austin hinge on my Nippy, I covered making this some time ago. I still need to do a final trim once I have made the bonnet sides, but the lines of the car are now coming together. 

All a bit out of sequence but next seats simply because I am working on them at this moment. Formed the bases along the lines of Ruby seat squabs but subtly different and lighter, bashed some shape into to to ally over a form and planished reasonably smooth over a stake. 

The seat back is made from thin ply over a light timber frame

Today was spent round with my brother in law Kirk and we cut everything out Kirk sewed some calico backing onto the leather of form the pleats which I then stuffed with wadding. Tomorrow we will finish stitching everything together and attach it all to the bases, well thats the plan anyway! 

RE: Building a Special Body - DavidL - 19-05-2019

Thank you for the update. Inspiring to see what's possible.

RE: Building a Special Body - Jays - 19-05-2019

This is all very inspiring. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished seats as I want to to a similar seat back on my car...at present it is nice but rather flat.