The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Adventures... - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Adventures... (/showthread.php?tid=2883)

Pages: 1 2

Adventures... - Ruairidh Dunford - 01-06-2019

Two young lads (20 & 21), are driving a ‘29 fabric saloon around Ireland - they are camping and have slept in car for at least one night.

They have shared some of their photos on FB - very nice to see.

If you follow Instagram (still working that one out, if I am honest) - you can follow them on: @jakemcc97

Loving that they are doing this.

RE: Adventures... - Chris KC - 01-06-2019

Sounds brilliant! But alas instagram is a bit beyond me.

I hope a fabric saloon is more comfortable than an Ulster rep to sleep in!

RE: Adventures... - Ruairidh Dunford - 01-06-2019

Check out "Austin Seven" on FB Chris - I have just added you...

RE: Adventures... - Chris KC - 01-06-2019

Thank you Ruairidh - those pictures are well worth a look!

They appear to have got half way around Ireland without using tarmac!!

RE: Adventures... - Mike Costigan - 02-06-2019

For thse of us who cannot manage either Instagram or Facebook, here's a photo of the car that was sent to me by John Hall, who encountered the duo whilst in Ireland with the Imp Club:

.jpg   Fabric.jpg (Size: 121.47 KB / Downloads: 448)

RE: Adventures... - David Stepney - 02-06-2019

How absolutely splendid!
Jake writes: "The 7½ hp Adventure Day 3. Made the ambitious decision to drive from Donegal to Galway. Broke down. Fixed it. Broke down again. Faffed for 3 hours. Fixed it. Went fishing. Camped in a park"
Really refreshing to see so much enthusiasm from two young people with a car that's old enough to be their great grandmother.

RE: Adventures... - "Slack Alice" Simon - 02-06-2019

This is what we need: young people giving Sevens a go.

How do we get more to do it?

Jan points out that, even when we ourselves were young* we were in a minority - most contemporaries had Minors or Minis or the like - but it would be great to tap into the minority that still seems to be out there.

* I do acknowledge that a lot of you are whippersnappers like Ruairidh, but a lot of us are "getting on" a bit, too.

RE: Adventures... - JonE - 02-06-2019

I note the Instagram states studying Motorsport Engineering at Coventry. Twould be good to hear if that background of confidence links with a previous generation or grandfather with the Seven, or how they stumbled into the area of interest...

RE: Adventures... - John Mason - 02-06-2019

I class myself as a young whippersnapper. Well I am ten years younger than my Mk1 Ruby although sometimes my body tells me that I am an old wippersnapper . Good to see the younger ones taking up Sevens good luck to them.

John Mason

RE: Adventures... - Mike Costigan - 02-06-2019

(02-06-2019, 10:22 AM)JonE Wrote: I note the Instagram states studying Motorsport Engineering at Coventry. Twould be good to hear if that background of confidence links with a previous generation or grandfather with the Seven, or how they stumbled into the area of interest...

John Hall's email mentions: ... The lad was only about 20, at a guess, but he said he'd just re-built the back axle for this trip and seemed to be mechanically minded. He said his father had all sorts of classic cars, including a vintage Rolls. The other lad's father had a Healey 3000 ...