The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Sound deadening in an A7... - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Sound deadening in an A7... (/showthread.php?tid=1178)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sound deadening in an A7... - Ruairidh Dunford - 09-05-2018

Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Steve kay - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?

As recommended on this forum, the basic camping mat. Does not absorb water, easy to shape with a Stanley knife and certainly helps reduce noise levels. Argos currently list a "Litchfield" camping mat, I presume it is as compatible with a Seven as with an Austin Ten.

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Ruairidh Dunford - 09-05-2018

I have some of those, thank you.

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - AllAlloyCup - 10-05-2018

Makes a good heat insulator as well I used some rolls of it in the roof of my camper van
Proper sound deadening closed cell foam is a bit denser though?

Bill G

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Chris KC - 10-05-2018

Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

As an aside, I use a bit of camping mat under the rather thin seat cushion I need in the Ulster to fit into it comfortably - saves the bum bone a bit on long hauls.

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Charles Levien - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 09:38 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

As an aside, I use a bit of camping mat under the rather thin seat cushion I need in the Ulster to fit into it comfortably - saves the bum bone a bit on long hauls.

The Norfolk remedy is ear plugs.

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Chris KC - 10-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 09:27 PM)Steve kay Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?

As recommended on this forum, the basic camping mat. Does not absorb water, easy to shape with a Stanley knife and certainly helps reduce noise levels. Argos currently list a "Litchfield" camping mat, I presume it is as compatible with a Seven as with an Austin Ten.

(10-05-2018, 10:04 AM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 09:38 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

The Norfolk remedy is ear plugs.

Don't fancy sitting on those...

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Roland Alcock - 10-05-2018

Herefordshire and Worcestershire solution is leaving the hearing aids at home.

Roly

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Ruairidh Dunford - 10-05-2018

Pardon?

RE: Sound deadening in an A7... - Nick Lettington - 10-05-2018

THE ESSEX ANSWER IS TO TURN UP THE STEREO (OR PUT A BIGGER TRUMPET ON THE GRAMOPHONE)