The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound deadening in an A7...
Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?
(09-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?

As recommended on this forum, the basic camping mat. Does not absorb water, easy to shape with a Stanley knife and certainly helps reduce noise levels. Argos currently list a "Litchfield" camping mat, I presume it is as compatible with a Seven as with an Austin Ten.
I have some of those, thank you.
Makes a good heat insulator as well I used some rolls of it in the roof of my camper van
Proper sound deadening closed cell foam is a bit denser though?

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

As an aside, I use a bit of camping mat under the rather thin seat cushion I need in the Ulster to fit into it comfortably - saves the bum bone a bit on long hauls.
(10-05-2018, 09:38 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

As an aside, I use a bit of camping mat under the rather thin seat cushion I need in the Ulster to fit into it comfortably - saves the bum bone a bit on long hauls.

The Norfolk remedy is ear plugs.
(09-05-2018, 09:27 PM)Steve kay Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do any members have experience of fitting sound deadening into their cars, can you reccomend one type over another?

As recommended on this forum, the basic camping mat. Does not absorb water, easy to shape with a Stanley knife and certainly helps reduce noise levels. Argos currently list a "Litchfield" camping mat, I presume it is as compatible with a Seven as with an Austin Ten.

(10-05-2018, 10:04 AM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 09:38 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Yes, the heavier the better; and it's important to fit it well so there are as few and as small gaps as possible.

The Norfolk remedy is ear plugs.

Don't fancy sitting on those...
Herefordshire and Worcestershire solution is leaving the hearing aids at home.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Pardon?
THE ESSEX ANSWER IS TO TURN UP THE STEREO (OR PUT A BIGGER TRUMPET ON THE GRAMOPHONE)