The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven Clubs' Association - 2024 AGM
We had our AGM a few weeks back - if you would like to find out what has been going on over the last 12 months and also what is planned for the year ahead, see the unconfirmed minutes, below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xi-H...sp=sharing
Interesting to read the minutes, thanks. Is the Grey Mag available online please? I used to get it through the post around forty years ago, but an online version would be good.
Hi Andrew

The Grey Mag is in print form only at the moment.  It is ‘sold’ to member clubs who distribute it to their members.  The Association makes a small profit on these sales which is used to fund the Archive, website and organisational costs.

There is a fear that should online versions be available it could be easily copied and distributed leading to a slump in sales. The sale of Grey Mags (and back-issues) is the only income the Association has!

If you want to receive the Grey Mag it is available via the member clubs, so join one and reap the benefits of an excellent publication (I would say that wouldn’t I?).

Cheers

Howard
No need for modest blushing, Howard, you are quite right!
It is truly an excellent publication, incredible, in fact!
When I look at my large - but incomplete - stack of Grey Mags I'm always astonished that so much can be written about one car. In the early days, Mike Costigan and I used to worry that we'd run out of material and would soon discover all there was to know about the Seven. How utterly wrong we were (thankfully). I understand the complete set is now being scanned and turned into PDFs. Once this is done, the PDFs can be made searchable (though this feature, once an extra, is now automatically incorporated) and so become a valuable source of easily found information. e.g. I've scanned hundreds of pages of South Bend lathe catalogues that list every version of the lathe made. To look through them for a machine with a maker's tag of, for example, CL670Y, might take several hours but, turned into a PDF the search pulls up: "Light Ten Model A Precision Bench Lathe Horizontal Motor Drive Type CL670R 4.5-foot bed, 34.125" between centres, 670 lbs weight".