The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Hales
Dear All

More sad news.  Harry Hales died this morning.  

He was a through and through Sevener, involved in racing, club activity, VSCC and South Wales A7 Club.  Some may know him from his booklet on Dynamos. 

I’ll post details of funeral arrangements etc when I know them.

Howard
Ah, that is sad news. 
Harry was a familiar face at autojumbles and I benefitted greatly from his technical advice on occasions. 
My condolences to his family.
Harry will be missed.

If any of you used a tab washer on your A7, prior to about 10 years ago, Harry would most likely have made it, by hand, in his garage. He had dies for almost all of the washers needed.

He was an extremely cheery and enthusiastic Austin Seven owner, most of my memories of him are at Caldicot Castle rallies, with his green Ruby. He had many adventures, hopefully others will share the story of those here, too.

It was great to have known you, Harry, sleep easy.
Hi all, Very sad news today, a good friend, too Pat and myself. Harry Hale sadly passed away today Harry was a leading light in our club, and always ready too help anybody with advice and encouragement with their Austin. A true gentleman , Pat and myself would like to send our condolences to Jan Harrys wife , Peter, and Jane their, daughter and all the family. Sad news indeed S&P.
Very sorry to read about Harry - conversations with him were always enjoyable and informative. I shall miss his kindly wisdom.
Very sad news I'm sorry to hear. Always the welcoming face of Club and Bryngarw Rallies
Hi All

I have just heard that Harry’s funeral will be at 1.45pm on the 11th April at Margam Crematorium. The wake will be at The Prince of Wales, in Kenfig.

Howard
Dad and mum write,

Harry and Jan were true friends over the years, and made us very welcome, especially when we first came to Wales. Harry will be deeply missed. Our sincere sympathies go to Jan and the family. Jim and Lynda Jennifer and Stephen Crisp