The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film of a Ruby rescuing a Range Rover from a river.
I won't believe it until I see it, but on Fakebook Messrs Dunford have divulged a tale of Australian tourists coming unstuck trying to ford a river... and in addition to the still photos of the Ruby rescue, there is apparently cine film of this event on a DVD held in the Association archives. Now we have been tricked before with a photo of a pink Ulster apparently towing a Discovery that turned out to be a Discovery assisting an Ulster to descend a steep hill due to severe brake fade, so I'm a little suspicious. 

I searched the Archive website to no avail. Does anyone have a copy of said DVD? I would very much like to see it... not least to taunt my Range Rover owning friends.

Much obliged to anyone able to assist with a link or a DVD.
Nick, It may be that the film mentioned is one of the (many) Bristol Club films lodged in the Archive. They have not been digitised as yet.. The films are still on 8 ( or 16?) mm stock.
Thats good to know Hugh. I know that problem... we have reels of super8 cine here to do. According to my source, the films were put onto DVD years ago... it must be out there somewhere.