The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven event for young drivers - opportunity to learn to drive...
We are keen that this opportunity should benefit as many young people who are interested in older cars, as possible.
This is a Scottish Austin Seven Club event but we feel sure that we can accommodate other young people who would be interested in learning to drive, too. If this appeals and you can make the journey, get in touch and we will see what can be sorted.
Scottish Austin Seven Club

Driving/Track Day for Younger Members

Forrestburn Hill Climb (ML7 4NW)

Saturday 31st August and Sunday 1st September

Following the successes of our Club visit to Monklands Car Club’s Forrestburn Hill Climb for the Production Car Trial last weekend, we have negotiated exclusive use of the site over two days in Aug/Sept to allow our younger members an opportunity to learn to drive on a proper road.

The event is open to anyone in the Club, along with any youngster aged 12 and over, who would like to experience driving (preferably an Austin Seven but any vehicle is actually acceptable). We have exclusive use of the track and car park area for two full days.
Young people must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the car and they must not exceed 40mph (I have already told our lot that they won’t be exceeding 15mph, let alone 40mph)!

We are allowed to camp/motorhome/campervan on site on the Saturday – with access to toilets, water and a large barbecue. The social aspect of this event will be excellent!

The modest cost of renting the venue for the two days (including camping) will be split equally between all of those attending.
If you wish to know more, please contact me.

Ruairidh Dunford
dunford1@aol.com
What a splendid initiative! I hope it proves a great success.
That's great! I hope it all goes well, and I'm sure they'll all have a great time. Perhaps you could you combine it with some basic maintenance training?
Brilliant, well done Ruairidh for organising. Just wish I lived nearer to Scotland.